FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2020] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}
Old Nov 3, 2020, 4:44 am
Jermyn

Programs: Ronin - churn and burn
Originally Posted by jphripjah
If you tell me which numbered villas are "King Ocean Villa with pool" I may be able to make a recommendation. I thought they were called Beach, Overwater, and Reef so I'm not sure with the "ocean villas" are.

In the meantime, check out the "villa selection" links in the Wiki and my report here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31317173-post1667.html

You'd certainly want to avoid 202-222 if "unobstructed view" is your goal but those aren't overwater and may not be "ocean villas"

Ocean Villas and Water Villas are effectively different 'buckets' of the same 'cabin'
No matter which name you've booked, you have the same exact room numbers available to you.

Originally Posted by myeurocrush
Hi there, can someone who has stayed at the Waldorf please explain the snorkeling situation to me? Why is it $45 to snorkel at the house reef?? I thought snorkeling equipment was free. Where is the house reef? is it ok?

I have been to the Conrad twice so far and we really loved the snorkeling there. It’s probably my favorite thing to do there. I’m booked for the Waldorf in April. Will we be disappointed with the snorkeling or is there a reef similar to the Conrad?

thank you.
$45 is for a guided 'tour' of the house reef. You're more than welcome to explore the reef by yourself and this (as well as the equipment) is free of charge.
The house reef is located next to the arrival pier.

You will be disappointed if you're expecting anything like the Conrad's level of snorkelling here.
The foliage and the waters around the Waldorf are desolate in comparison with the Conrad.