FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Skatteverket asks for names of Sweden-based EBD members
Old Oct 12, 2020, 7:51 am
fassy

Originally Posted by Im a new user
I suspect that they are looking for very obvious cases. For example, you own a company and pay all of the company's expenses with your personal credit card, earning lots of points.
Well, that's me... probably SEK 300k/year expenses... so about 60k to 80k extra points via AMEX. Hardly worth investigating. But have been burned by SKV before...

Originally Posted by Im a new user
On the other hand, there was that incident a couple of years ago when the authorities complained that the Swedish post didn't properly declare your shipments to customs when you ordered something from China for 10 kr. They now properly charge you 2.50 kr in VAT on the goods, a 60 kr handling fee and 15 kr VAT on the handling fee.
Yepp.... working for my last employer, they used pay-role services in Sweden and every year I reported on very old and dormant pension insurance I do have in Germany. For many years nothing happened but like 5 years ago I got a letter form SKV that they want to investigate me since the pay-role service obviously did not report the insurance correctly in one of the years. After a very lengthy processes, and paying 5.000 SEK for a tax lawyer to sort this out, I got the bill from SKV: 90... in words... NINTY SEK in taxes to be paid.

Was just lucky that my employer picked up the invoices from tax laywer.