FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Skatteverket asks for names of Sweden-based EBD members
Old Oct 12, 2020, 7:30 am
Im a new user

Originally Posted by fassy
I think I will be ok anyway... I'm just a lowly EBD with <500k points on the books and most of the time just hit the 90k status but do not exceed it massively

And spend more than enough points on official business travel, either the tickets itself or upgrades. But proving that, will be a PiA.
I suspect that they are looking for very obvious cases. For example, you own a company and pay all of the company's expenses with your personal credit card, earning lots of points. Or you are involved in organised crime but officially you are unemployed and the tax authority notes that you have taken lots of flights (both revenue and award) and the tax authority wonders how those flights were funded. For less obvious cases, it's too much trouble for too little gain.

On the other hand, there was that incident a couple of years ago when the authorities complained that the Swedish post didn't properly declare your shipments to customs when you ordered something from China for 10 kr. They now properly charge you 2.50 kr in VAT on the goods, a 60 kr handling fee and 15 kr VAT on the handling fee.