FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet refunds
Thread: EasyJet refunds
View Single Post
Old May 2, 2020, 9:10 am
Biggie Fries

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
In late February booked April flights.

Got an e-mail from EasyJet 16 March telling me that flights had been canceled, and offering to refund.

Went on line 19 March and asked (by clicking buttons, not by talking to anyone) for a refund. Seemed to work, as I got an e-mail saying that I would be reimbursed within seven (7) business days.

With generous counting, that would have been by 31 March (at the latest). But did not get any reimbursement. So, after reading this thread, on Saturday I asked for charge back with Chase (had booked with Chase Hyatt Visa). They (Chase) immediately responded that a provisional charge back would be issues and, indeed, this morning, Chase credited the money back to my account.

Will now wait to see what EasyJet does, but I do have the e-mail from EasyJet promising the reimbursement, so I'd like to think that I shall be fighting this battle while holding the high ground.
Originally Posted by dhuey
Going forward -- and after the CEO's email about how all April flights are cancelled -- if EasyJet contests the chargebacks with regard to these April flights, that would be very bad faith on their part. I hope we don't see that.
Originally Posted by Often1
It is important when submitting a chargeback request, to document it in a way it cannot be refuted (even if contested). Do everything in writing and keep screen shots of webforms and the like. If, for some reason, a conversation is required, write a detailed memo contemporaneously and show the date & time of the call and of your writing.

At a minimum, provide:
1. Copy of your e-ticket receipt showing the routing, flights, and e-ticket number.
2. Copy of cancellation (screen shot if need be)
3. Copy of your request for a reimbursement.
4. Copy of carrier's commitment to reimburse (if given).
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
These are excellent points. In retrospect, I wish I had taken screen shots for point 3, since my request was essentially by pushing a button that they presented to me. However, I do have 4 (as well as 1 and 2), and there is a sense in which 4 implies 3.

When I submitted the charge back request to Chase, I wanted to give them the e-mails (or *.pdf files thereof) for points 1, 2, and 4; but the Chase on-line mechanism did not (does not) have a place to attach files. They did have a box for comments, so I wrote down the sequence of dates corresponding to what I posted here. I will be ready to send Chase this information if and when they get back to me.

Anyhow, thanks for your earlier recommendation (up-thread) to file the charge back request. I would have kept waiting otherwise.
April 5: Got the money back in a provisional credit from Chase.

May 2: Got a letter from Chase indicating that everything is now officially resolved in my favor.