FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Are most of the ATL restaurants open
View Single Post
Old Apr 25, 2020, 8:14 am
emma dog

Programs: I've gone underground!
Originally Posted by kennycrudup
In-airport, sure- but there's a bunch of places I'd love to get dinner in around my 'hood.
Originally Posted by stimpy
There's a mix of people who are frightened and those who are not frightened. It was the same after 9/11. Some people were back to flying immediately and some stayed away from airplanes for a year or more. But plenty of brave and hungry people out there will be going to whatever restaurant they can find open.
Just giving an Atlanta vibe: generally, folks aren't interested in dining out. People will say they wish they could eat out, but then they won't really do it. Clearly, the city has political divisions (inside vs outside the perimeter), and I can only speak for what I see in Midtown/Morningside/Virginia Highlands/Decatur. Friends of mine that own local restaurants have said that they will not be opening up for dining in because they think it'll be a money-loser.

Originally Posted by apodo77
I will have to connect through ATL in May. Are any of the restaurants in the airport open?
Yes, there are a few restaurants open. For example, Grindhouse in T is open. Check out Skypointe | ATL | Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.