Are most of the ATL restaurants open

Old Apr 24, 2020, 3:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by kennycrudup
So, I had it right then? People in the airports I've spoken to are lamenting the closings.

... not only that, everybody (sane) that I know at least wishes they could go out and have a meal somewhere again.
With passenger volume at <5% of pre-Covid, it's hard to imagine there is much of a market for restaurant food, whether sit down or take out.

Pre-wrapped items where one doesn't have to touch much seems to be more in order.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 3:13 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by Often1
With passenger volume at <5% of pre-Covid, it's hard to imagine there is much of a market for restaurant food, whether sit down or take out.
In-airport, sure- but there's a bunch of places I'd love to get dinner in around my 'hood.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
There's a mix of people who are frightened and those who are not frightened. It was the same after 9/11. Some people were back to flying immediately and some stayed away from airplanes for a year or more. But plenty of brave and hungry people out there will be going to whatever restaurant they can find open.
Old Apr 25, 2020, 5:22 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by N830MH
You may ask them on Facebook page. Go to Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport page and ask for it.
OP is inquiring about ATL, not PHX
Old Apr 25, 2020, 6:33 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
I will have to connect through ATL in May. Are any of the restaurants in the airport open?
Old Apr 25, 2020, 8:14 am

Programs: I've gone underground!
Originally Posted by kennycrudup
In-airport, sure- but there's a bunch of places I'd love to get dinner in around my 'hood.
Originally Posted by stimpy
There's a mix of people who are frightened and those who are not frightened. It was the same after 9/11. Some people were back to flying immediately and some stayed away from airplanes for a year or more. But plenty of brave and hungry people out there will be going to whatever restaurant they can find open.
Just giving an Atlanta vibe: generally, folks aren't interested in dining out. People will say they wish they could eat out, but then they won't really do it. Clearly, the city has political divisions (inside vs outside the perimeter), and I can only speak for what I see in Midtown/Morningside/Virginia Highlands/Decatur. Friends of mine that own local restaurants have said that they will not be opening up for dining in because they think it'll be a money-loser.

Originally Posted by apodo77
I will have to connect through ATL in May. Are any of the restaurants in the airport open?
Yes, there are a few restaurants open. For example, Grindhouse in T is open. Check out Skypointe | ATL | Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.