FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Southwest cancelling 1,000 daily flights starting Sunday March 22
Old Mar 27, 2020, 8:03 pm
Stgermainparis

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
If you're only considering air fare remember that cancellations are usually only 1-2% of flights. and you can often be re-accommodated with a few hours delay, occasionally over night. If you are careful and plan ahead the savings you accrue over the the time between cancellations is significantly more than an ocassional walk up fare. Of course some places have higher cancellation rates that others, I'm thinking place with frequent poor weather conditions. I fly mostly in the Southern parts of the US and seldom run into those conditions.

I wonder how often people actually use their travel insurance. If I were taking a a long expensive trip with lots of hotels and travel arrangement I might consider insurance for that.
I’ve used it twice for a medical claim while traveling and also for lost luggage. But never hotel/flight reimbursement.