FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What will I get or not if I use Chase UR for Marriott Bonvoy direct booking
Old Feb 7, 2020, 6:00 pm
RedSun
Suspended

Originally Posted by Happy
You got these all confused.

Expedia has MANY different types of businesses under its banner. Your Egencia is the Expedia's corporate travel arm, that is completely different from Expedia the front that faces consumers as most people's impression of Expedia. Expedia has yet another type of business that is handling loyalty programs travel booking - UR is under that type of business.

For the records, you will NOT get any elite benefits nor credit of nights if you use UR pts - which to the eyes of the hotel, would be just a 3rd party booking, shown as booked thru Expedia, that is completely different from Egencia.

I understand you want to save $ due to the advertised 1.5x (be careful that may not materialize at that valuation). It boils down to whether you want to save $ or you want to earn night credit AND elite benefits. If it is an international property (lounge), then what you save in $ probably not even cover the benefits you lose. Domestically, if you dont care for the night credit, and the dismal elite recognition, then use UR might be good IF the price is not padded, so you save $.
Yes. Also I believe that, when you redeem with UR, you do not earn any reward points on hotel booking. So you forego the points from hotel purchase. This will further cut into the value of UR. It is less than 1.5 cpps and you also forego the hotel benefits and credit, as @Happy just said.

This is why I said several times that, there are better CCs that actually earn cash back. Like BofA biz cash card. It earns 5.25% cash back (top tier). You can get all that back as cash to your account. And you keep all the new hotel rewards points, status and benefits....

Cash is always the king. UR, TY and MR are not.