Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

What will I get or not if I use Chase UR for Marriott Bonvoy direct booking

What will I get or not if I use Chase UR for Marriott Bonvoy direct booking

Old Feb 7, 2020, 6:01 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by openwheelracing
I book AA through portal and I get the miles. I don't use portal for hotel chains only boutiques and BBs.

Am I missing something?

Hotels and airlines are different....
Old Feb 7, 2020, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by RedSun
Yes. Also I believe that, when you redeem with UR, you do not earn any reward points on hotel booking. So you forego the points from hotel purchase. This will further cut into the value of UR. It is less than 1.5 cpps and you also forego the hotel benefits and credit, as @Happy just said.

This is why I said several times that, there are better CCs that actually earn cash back. Like BofA biz cash card. It earns 5.25% cash back (top tier). You can get all that back as cash to your account. And you keep all the new hotel rewards points, status and benefits....

Cash is always the king. UR, TY and MR are not.
Yeah for hotels that I have status and points like Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, I don't use UR portal. I lost benefits and points for the stay. But I do use it for hotels that I have no plan of getting status or points... I did it with a few hotels in Europe.

I am Plat Honor with BoA and have the Premium Reward card for everyday spends. The 5.25% of the biz cash card sounds really good except after owning the Premium Reward card for a while... the cash back is kind of no-thrill. Yeah I get the cash back... but they are not fun. With the UR points.. you see them building and building... and you get to transfer them to airlines and Hyatt. With statement credit...it is just gone! My brain tells me cash is king... just take the cash and run. My heart tells me to stay with the CSR. LOL. I usually listen to my heart.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 9:11 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Need
Yeah for hotels that I have status and points like Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, I don't use UR portal. I lost benefits and points for the stay. But I do use it for hotels that I have no plan of getting status or points... I did it with a few hotels in Europe.

I am Plat Honor with BoA and have the Premium Reward card for everyday spends. The 5.25% of the biz cash card sounds really good except after owning the Premium Reward card for a while... the cash back is kind of no-thrill. Yeah I get the cash back... but they are not fun. With the UR points.. you see them building and building... and you get to transfer them to airlines and Hyatt. With statement credit...it is just gone! My brain tells me cash is king... just take the cash and run. My heart tells me to stay with the CSR. LOL. I usually listen to my heart.
So you get less benefits or rewards just because your heart has been together with Chase CSR?

Interesting. At least you admit it. Some people do not even know all the differences in booking hotel and airline etc....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.