FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What will I get or not if I use Chase UR for Marriott Bonvoy direct booking
Old Feb 4, 2020, 12:38 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by AirMiles2001
I have in the past booked United flights using Chase UR through the portal and received all the PQM, PQD and status benefits.
This is normal, but the hotel business is different.

Egencia is a corporate travel agency which is owned by Expedia Group, but it is not the same business as expedia.com. Hotels have different contracts with various categories of travel agencies. Expedia, and the portals they operate for companies like Chase and American Express, are Online Travel Agencies, and the hotel chains generally exclude their bookings from rewards and benefits. Examples are not definitive because the properties are franchised.

Here are the relevant Bonvoy terms:

2.1.f Non-Qualifying Rates. A “Non-Qualifying Rate” is a rate a Member pays for a Stay in a guest room at a Participating Property which does not qualify to earn Points or Miles, as well as membership tier benefits. Non-Qualifying Rates are those booked using the following methods:

i. The guest room was booked through a tour operator, online travel channel or other third-party channel including, without limitation, expedia.com, hotwire.com, priceline.com, orbitz.com, booking.com, travelocity.com; or

ii. The guest room was booked at a group rate as part of an event, meeting, conference or organized tour, and the Member does not directly pay the Participating Property for such room; or

iii. The guest room was booked at a tour operator, wholesaler, or crew room rate or package including, without limitation, Fam-Tastic® rates, Plan-Tastic® rates, travel industry rates and organized tours or package bookings; or

iv. The guest room was complimentary; or

v. A voucher or third-party award was redeemed for the guest room.