FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AS interline with PR (Philippines Airlines)?
Old Jan 15, 2020, 9:12 pm
PVDtoDEL

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
AS should check your bags through to PR, and follow PR baggage allowances.

I've confirmed in Sabre that there is a ticketing and baggage agreement in place between AS and PR.

"When making international connections on a separate ticket to other airlines within twelve (12) hours of arriving in the connection city, you may follow the baggage allowance and weight restrictions of the international airline - provided a ticketing and baggage agreement is in place between Alaska Airlines and the other carrier."

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/tr...e/checked-bags

Also, might make sense to call customer service and have remarks added to the PNR to avoid any question at check-in. Policy is what it is, but airport staff may not be 100% up to speed on how to handle, particularly if you are counting on PR allowances being applied.
When AS pulls the PR eticket from the database, the allowance on the ETR/VCR will be annotated "2PC" for baggage allowance. The allowance of weight per bag is not trivial to pull on an interline ticket, and AS staff are probably not trained to figure it out (a recent example on a single ticket: Alaska First Class Baggage Fiasco 2x70lbs vs 2x50lbs). While I agree with you that the letter of the policy is that OP is fine, I would be shocked if AS at the airport actually let a 70lbs bag through, so I think this advice is setting OP up for disappointment.

AS is doing a huge favor by interlining bags across separate tickets (no other US carrier would interline to PR), much less waiving the baggage fee. Making a fuss about this type of thing is how these types of customer friendly policies get scrapped.