FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Kuala Lumpur
Thread: Kuala Lumpur
View Single Post
Old Jan 12, 2020, 5:51 am
IAN-UK
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by thelostshark
I’m heading to Malaysia for a couple of weeks in late March, arriving in KL, where I’ll probably spend the first few days. Which part of town do people recommend staying in? I enjoy walking where feasible. tls
Bukit Bintang and the surrounding parts of the city are the most lively, with a plenty malls, and a concentration of eateries, drinking places, music venues and night-life in general. I guess it's just about the best place for a short-term first visit to KL. The new(ish) MRT and other transport links means the place is reasonably well connected.

There's an air-conditioned walkway from BB to the KLCC convention centre. Probably the longest walk you'd ever want to do in KL: unless you are used to high temperatures and humidity, "outside" is rarely comfortable for extended activity.

I see you are an IHG member, so the Holiday Inn Express might suit. It's generally cheap, gives you breakfast and it's convenient for everything Bukit Bintan offers and the cities public transport system (MRT, free buses and the weird overhead trainline).

Sentral is really only a good choice for easy access to/from the airport (bus and train), and as its role as hub for the city's public transport: meaning you can get just about anywhere quite quickly from KL Sentral.