FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2020 Shutdown Thread
View Single Post
Old Jan 5, 2020, 6:13 am
radonc1

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by jk2
I see. Because I use CS as well for the same purposes but don't withdraw money immediately. I have both checking and investment accounts for years, and until recently I was doing an investments with them. But I moved my assets from them to Etrade because of new account bonus. Now I have about ~$3K in checking and ~$500 on investment account. When ebates pay me quaterly, I moved MRs to CS and leave them there. Is it also a concern for CS?
Obviously I cannot tell you for certain. What I do know is that the greater the relationship, the more forgiving the provider.

With the new changes with CS trading charges (no fee), I do not see the particular advantage of Etrade over CS, but that is a personal decision.
I find personally that having brick and mortar facilities as well as real people in the case of CS is an advantage.

I cannot imagine that your 3 digit (unless I am talking to Bill Gates ) quarterly ebates check is going to make a difference to CS in regards to your account, but perhaps you could beef up your investment account if you feel uncomfortable. Even a small 2 digit monthly deposit into it would be enough, in my opinion to keep the account active and ward off undesired consequences.