FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AAdvantage Account Shut Down - Recourse/Appeal?
Old Nov 30, 2019, 12:58 am
Mwenenzi
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by shimps1
I am in a very odd situation. I received an email from AA Corporate Security - Loyalty Fraud team today, in reference to my account, along with my wife's. The email stated, roughly:

"You have been found to have committed multiple violations of the program terms, related to the accrual of ineligible miles and benefits."

It goes on to state that because I have committed this more than once, my account is terminated, all upcoming award travel is cancelled, and all award miles have been forfeited. Total cost of this action was roughly 1.7M miles.
<snip>
Originally Posted by shimps1
Never returned any items, all miles were from real credit card spend. There were bonus miles from a train, but that is it. Outside of me, I have never heard of an account shutdown by AA, due to Citi approving me for a card, and meeting the bonus spend requirements. I've seen Citi shutdowns, but never AA.
On other posts like this often some thing comes out as why to the ff account was closed.

Master thread ---> Account audit / blocked / fraud: award / miles / SWU / sale, barter, etc.