FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Diamond access to KLM lounge AMS
View Single Post
Old Sep 1, 2019, 2:30 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by lucycan
Thank you. I was thinking that DL eliminated access to these lounges early this year??

So even if I am in main cabin, you are saying that as a DM on a connecting itinerary at AMS that I can get myself and one person in. Thank you!
Yes, but you have no privileges from DL at CONTRACT lounges, places where DL would pay the airport or a lounge operator for access or pay some nonpartner airline (such as QF at HKG, RIP) for access. This was the change.

AFAIK if it's a KLM flight, they would still grant access to contract lounges that KLM uses; IIRC VA/VS grant access on coach tickets, but only for DM and PM (bilateral partnership).

Within SkyTeam, it's a rule that SkyTeam ElitePlus (GM+) and ONE guest get same day international access to SkyTeam operated lounges (which apparently includes official SkyTeam branded lounges (such as at LHR T2 IIRC) as well as SkyTeam carrier operated lounges), but DL is able to say no on contract lounges (even if DL does give contract lounge access on D1 tickets, such as at HND).