FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA Pre✓ departing Canada?
View Single Post
Old Aug 20, 19, 6:27 am
Jeremy3292

Originally Posted by andrewesque View Post
(There's an occasional complaint about how at some airports in Canada, depending on layout, the lane minders attempt to bar access to the Global Entry machines because they claim you need a physical card, which is of course not true, especially given the fact that Global Entry members who aren't US citizens/permanent residents or Mexican citizens can't even get them in the first place. But this is a bit of a sidenote to your question.)
This. You do not need your GE card when traveling by air, only by land according to US CBP. I had this problem in Canada and I finally was allowed to go through the NEXUS lanes in Toronto after a brief (civil) argument with the Canadian version of TSA. I never carry my GE card with me as all the information is in my passport already (i.e. GE). The problem is they don't have passport/boarding pass scanners at the beginning of security for some reason, at least in Toronto. So if you don't have a physical GE card to show, they can't validate your claim to be GE/NEXUS. Super annoying.