FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Overhead bin usage on A319
View Single Post
Old Aug 15, 2019, 9:37 am
COSPILOT

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by EWR764
75L backpacks are way over the carry-on size limit, but at least you got on. I'd maybe feel a touch guilty, and move along. Sometimes, especially in Europe, I get tagged for an oversized/overweight rollaboard (usually >10kg), and don't put up much of a fight, even though I know it fits, and I know there will be bin space. The rules are pretty clear, it's enforcement that's spotty.

Is it a DB move in the first 2 rows of a 737, where the bins aren't as deep, if I can't stow my compliant rollaboard wheels-first? I usually put mine after row 3, but sometimes I don't have a choice, and end up in rows 1/2.
OP's backpack is more like a suitcase if you ask me, but yes the very front of the bins on a 737 are super annoying. My Travel Pro 2 wheeled bag fits though, and I'm at a loss to find a replacement for it when it finally dies.

OP, I'm flying last minute this Sunday (well, booked last night, so last minute to me) in First, what I paid doesn't give me the right to take up more space. I don't care what you paid, or if you upgraded, I don't care about status, respectful use of the OHB space is what I do.