FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel Package General Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old Aug 14, 2019, 7:54 am
CosmicGirl

I have an OC1-5 certificate and its expiration date in my account is August 15, so tomorrow. However the confirmation e-mail says valid through August 15, 2019. Can I convert it tomorrow or does it have to be done before the 15th? And in case you're wondering why I want to cut it that close it's because the 15th is a Saturday next year and it's a bank holiday weekend here, so that would be a good week to use it as a last resort if necessary.

Also, does the 15th then have to be my check-out date, or can it be the last of 7 nights?

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Speaking of converting old OC's... I called this weekend on the expiration day for an OC5 and an OC6. For what it's worth...

The first rep immediately qualified herself out, told me she had no clue what to do, and forwarded me to an "elite rep".

Took that rep about 10 minutes to deal with everything. I had NOT downgraded the OC6 in advance and the rep had never heard of the 30k point difference but once she got into the system that holds old certs, a procedure popped up to tell her the 30k difference would automatically show up in my account and that there was no process needed to make it happen.

A few minutes after the call, my account showed two NC4 certs with a fresh year of expiration, and activity of +120k from the canceled certs then -90k for the new certs, netting the +30k differential.

So in these final days, it seems everything is a very smooth process now.....
Sorry for being annoying but just to confirm: you converted ON the expiration date in your account?