FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2019 Shutdown Thread
View Single Post
Old Aug 13, 2019, 10:24 am
DjRocket

Originally Posted by Jaffarr1990
Reporting a closure that came as a surprise to me (even though I heavy hit). Had 3 cards with Cap1 and all shut down (venture, spark business, and platinum). Nothing apart from organic spend on spark and platinum, I was heavy hitting on the venture, several years now, about 240k+ monthly. Spoke with them early on when I first opened card several years back and it was all fine with them. Oldest card was the platinum at ~6 years. Never carried a balance and was always cycling my CL (so it’s no duh). Possibly with all this crap that went on with their cyber hack, perhaps accounts got a closer look (maybeee...). I think what caused my case, because I’ve gone years with no issues, is greed. With new limits on gcm ordering, it became more difficult to order over 10k a day in gift cards, so my friend and I discovered that cap1, unlike chs, will issue an entirely different cc number for authorized users on the account, and this enables you to purchase more from the same account on gcm in a single day, to reduce turnaround time, because gcm tracks orders and limits them by cc number now. Never talked about my spending until now online. CL 30k on venture, 20k spark and 5k platinum. Proceed with caution. Mine could be because of heavy hitting, but confused as to why I went so long if that’s the case...received letter in the mail stating “my spending habits did not match their requirement of normal household spending” blah blah.
Thanks for the feedback. I'm sorry about your shut down. I have a Venture with 30K CL as well and always wonder how much is too much. Not near your volume, but with the ongoing Simon deal going on.... I guess will keep my fingers crossed lol

EDIT: Forgot to ask: Did you have an outstanding points balance and are you able to cash them out?

Last edited by DjRocket; Aug 13, 2019 at 10:30 am