FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Turkish Airlines to Tartary: Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan - and a Bit of Belarus
Old Aug 5, 2019, 9:29 am
Romanianflyer

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Originally Posted by HLT1904
Great read, appreciate all the detail. I have not traveled through eastern Europe, but trip reports like this make me want to book a flight. Thank you for sharing.
Thanks HLT1904. Eastern Europe is really a highly recommended travel destination. There are so many hidden gems in countries like Romania, Bulgaria, Serbia etc. which are all relatively undiscovered but full of amazing sights, great food - and all of it is extremely affordable.

Originally Posted by Dover2Golf
Great reading.

It's amazing what TK serve in economy as food. It's better than some now serve in business in Europe.
Thanks Dover2Golf - I agree about TK, together with Air France, Aeroflot and Aegean it is among my favourite airlines to fly within Europe. I'm not 100 percent sure about this but I believe that TK serves hot meals on every flight over 2 hours in length, so many of the intra-European destinations even see much better meals than the one I just posted in the installment before. That said, it is not always great quality-wise. The meal on my FRU-IST flight was really subpar on not tasty at all.

Also business class meals are by the way great for most, even on short intra-European flights. The picture below is the breakfast on a recent one-hour-long IST-OTP flight (Turkish coffee and orange juice which I had as well not on picture).