FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ottawa Marriott [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Jun 20, 2019, 3:00 pm
flyme2

Originally Posted by VoodooYYC
...Overall, Ottawa is a city that should be avoided whenever possible, but if you do get stuck here, avoid this Marriott like the plague...which I’ll be lucky if it’s the only thing I contracted here...
So why don't you tell us how you really feel. ;-) A bit harsh, but I will agree that the Ottawa hospitality and F&B landscape is not the most stellar. I've stayed at dozens of hotels there over the years and none are what I would deem aspirational. That being said, hotel rates are, for the most part, generally less than their counterparts in the downtown cores of YVR, YYZ and YUL. Both the Marriott and the Delta are 70's vintage buildings with unwieldy infrastructures that were never that great to begin with. The rooms could be readily renovated, and some have been, but the bathrooms and plumbing would require a serious commitment of resources to enlarge and modernize them to today's standard. In my experience, this is the case in many Northeastern hotels built in that era. Bathrooms were designed to be functional and nothing more.