FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - China Exit Ban
Thread: China Exit Ban
View Single Post
Old May 6, 2019, 9:55 pm
moondog
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by synthkeys
To completely derail this thread, I wish I could get China eChannel, but alas, I only have a lowly M visa. I usually transit Shenzhen Bay. Typically my flight to HKG arrives on Saturday mornings, so I hit the checkpoint shortly after opening, definitely before 8AM. I've never had more than 15 minute wait usually between 5-10 mins. Last Saturday, I was able to use the Special lane with the APEC card for the first time. Usually the Special lane is longer than the foreigner line as they tend to send elderly mainlanders and those with young children to the Special lane. This time, foreigner line had 3 lanes open with maybe 4-5 people on each line. I noticed the Special lane was empty and popped on over there with only 1 ahead of me, 2 minutes tops to cross. Finally got some use out of the APEC card.
I also don't want to derail this thread because I believe we have a thread on RPs and echannel, but following are points that I know:
1) getting the Z visa was shockingly painful
-diploma and criminal background check both need state department and PRC consulate authentication; the former takes a bit of time, unless you show them an airplane ticket for the next day (which, you obviously won't be using)
-the medical check is pretty easy, but only certain hospitals can do it
-need to write a job posting for your own job in Chinese
-although I normally prefer to do things myself, in this case using an agent was the right path

2) If you are a student, I have to believe X visas are much easier
-your school simply issues them on its own, so not much bureaucracy
-they will presumably arrange an appointment at the hospital for you

3) I'm not certain about other visa types, but I think at least Q1 works