FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}
Old Feb 19, 2019, 4:32 am
jphripjah

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by andyyac1

There is is an element who are entitled and just never happy. Perhaps I should not have assumed so much about Maldives freak, who flamed me royally, and was his perogative to do so after my perhaps too aggressive post. Despite his intense reply to me, I apologize to him.

the wrong type of customer arrives outraged about everything, insisting, threatening and being aggressive? Yes and I wouldn’t blame them.

Then it’s too late, any amount of disputing charges etc won’t allow you to stay there. Not the need of world either I suppose!!

MaldivesFreak is very knowledgeable about the Maldives resorts but is weirdly hypocritical on his approach to pricing there. If the price of something offends him personally, he will spew venom that Hilton is "screwing" us, that the prices in the Maldives are "legalized extortion," that the Ithaa cocktails and souvenir shops at CMRI are a "ripoff," and that prices charged for Evian are "disgusting."

Yet when I posted about my notion to skip dinner rather than pay $52 for a crappy pizza and beer at CMRI's Quiet Zone, he then attacked me for being "childish" and lectured me as follows:

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Rangali is a place where you either don't go because you haven't set aside a decent amount to enjoy the place properly or you do go when you have enough cash. It's not a difficult concept; but of course there will be others who don't understand this concept, or just simply close their eyes and ignore it. The problem is, they are just not going to enjoy it to its fullest and even though they might try and refute the fact, the fact still exists and it's not going to go away.

The takeaway from his posts is that anyone who spends more than MaldivesFreak in the Maldives is a sucker who is getting ripped off, and anyone who spends less then he does is an underfunded cheapskate who does not appreciate or fully enjoy the Maldives. Either way, you can't win.