FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - eSIM thread
Thread: eSIM thread
View Single Post
Old Feb 16, 2019, 6:18 am
scubadu

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
Interesting. I've been keeping a Vodafone NL SIM alive for use in Europe -- it is €15 for 2GB, €20 for 3GB in a month (30 days) good all over the EU. And often there is a special where they double the data. My original plan was to move my T-Mobile plan over to the eSIM and put the Vodafone in for data. But T-Mobile seems to be taking forever to release the eSIM for post paid plans (and yes I know if you work the reps you might get it to work). This is a tad more expensive but gives more options should I travel somewhere else. And I don't have to wait for T-Mobile
I agree this is interesting. I also had initially thought that I'd try to use an eSIM for my primary carrier and then buy local physical SIMs when traveling. What I like about this concept, assuming its dependable and cost competitive, is I don't have to hassle with waiting in line at an Orange shop in Paris for 20 minutes, then taking another 20 minutes to get the deal done (and having them photocopy my passport, etc.)

This is very interesting indeed. Curious to see if others offer a competing product in this eSIM space.

Regards