FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - $60 Visitor Charge
View Single Post
Old Feb 15, 2019, 9:25 pm
Globalist

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Originally Posted by jdsphoto
Thank you for the responses, and what @hfly said, I believe is exactly the case here, which circles back to my original question.
Is there a $60 visitor charge company wide? The below exerpt from the Doubletree Cariari front desk manager's email to me seems to imply that, and Hilton hasn't denied it.
Actually Hilton has gone silent on this whole thing, and won't respond to my emails.

"I am very sorry for the inconveniences that you experienced regarding the charge for the visit of your friend. According to Hilton's policy all guests must be registered at the Reception for security purposes. When the name of the additional guest is not provided before or at the moment of the check-in an additional $60 fee applies."
I wonder where that is stated in the Hilton T&Cs. This seems a made up rule and I have never seen a fee that applies for guests. That said some properties charge more in the booking for additional occupants. When you book for 1 or 2 persons the rate can be different.

1. The rule is partly true, if a 2nd person stays in the room overnight, they need to be registered for security purposes. In this case the person was coming in the morning on the day of checkout so there was no case of staying. There is no additional fee around registering additional guests after check-in. This is just something the local property made up in addition to the normal rule.

2. For a diamond member the 2nd person is always free and there is no limitation on that person is present at check in. You would book for 1 person and get the cheapest rate. People can arrive on separate days. and technically there could be a different 2nd person every day.

This is one for the diamond desk to address.

Globalist