FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qantas - 2 Hr transfer at SYD?
View Single Post
Old Jan 6, 2019, 11:30 am
Mwenenzi
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Serpent
Thank you, I gave them a call and got PER-IAD done at $288, including another flight from SYD to PER. Qantas CS was excellent, much better than some other CS I've had the pleasure of speaking to.
A very good out come if you have PER-SYD-DFW-IAD as 1 ticket/PNR. $288 is a good price for SYD PER & PER-SYD

• There's only one Qantas flight from PER to SYD on Sunday AM, and it gets into SYD at 12:55pm. What are my chances of making my flight to DFW at 14:40? I want to book PER to SYD through Qantas so I can "link" the bookings if that's possible. I'm only traveling with a carry-on so no need to deal with luggage.
With carry on luggage read & comply with the ticket t&c's. Carry-on in Australia is no where near what is common & acceptable for USA airlines.
QF & other Australian airlines recently have been enforcing the carry on weight & size limits. Thread link-->Weighing all wheelie cases

However with separate reservations QF will transfer checked luggage QF-->QF as an exception to the OW policy of Sept 2016
Link---> QF- no checking of luggage separate itineraries from 1 Sep [2016 some exceptions]

. I was hoping that if I book PER-SYD with Qantas they would link my bookings so it would act as one booking - PER-SYD-DFW-IAD. I read that Qantas have done this before, fools gold?
"Linking" is just text notes in a reservation that some one may or may not read. Does not have the effect of making one PNR. Separate reservations are separate reservations

Do you realise at SYD T3 (domestic) & T1 (international) are some distance away from each other?
You will be able to use the free QF bus between the terminals, even on separate tickets if you have no checked baggage to pick up/check-in.
Airport info SYDNEY (SYD) - amenities, transfers, transport Click to open the wiki

Transfer time of 1:45 (14:40 12:55) would have been high risk on separate tickets. Flights to USA have additional security checks. The consequences of no showing the SYD DFW flight are high.

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Jan 6, 2019 at 11:39 am