FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG
View Single Post
Old Dec 31, 2018, 7:21 am
hotturnip

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by juliana16
A quick thank you to all that have provided details on their experiences, it has really been helpful as I look to understand the BRG process better.

Unfortunately, I had an awful experience with Hilton two days ago with a total of 6 phone calls made over almost a three hour period to their BRG team. Mysteriously, I kept being placed on hold when the agent went to "verify" or "investigate" the competitor rate further and each time, the line cut out. After about the third phone call, I noted to the agents that my calls were being cut out and should this happen, I would appreciate if the agent called me back on my nominated number. This never happened.

Agent number 5 i spoke to told me to book the cheaper rate I saw on booking.com (as she apparently couldn't see this on her end), as this way, the reservation would flow through to the Hilton system and they will then be able to verify the cheaper rate. However, when I spoke to agent number 6, they claimed that they could see my reservation made through booking.com but were viewing a completely different (and inflated!!) price. I have my email confirmation from Booking.com clearly stating the cheaper rate that I secured so now it just seems to be my word against theirs?

To be honest, I know that the team is trained to reject claims, but this is beyond ridiculous. Over email, they continue to reject the claim and somehow make out that my booking.com reservation is a price that is NOT consistent with my booking.com reservation. I tweeted Hilton, no response and have just received a response via Messenger from Hilton so hopefully this will assist.

(hotel in question is the Renwick, Curio Collection NYC).
People have been having mixed success with the phone-in service. I think it's better to do it all online.

I can't believe that person told you to go ahead and book the other reservation. That's not at all the way it's supposed to work. When the PMG worker couldn't find the rate that I did, I just emailed a screenshot of the booking screen (the final screen right before you click to finalize the reservation) that included the date/time in the corner of my computer screen. This PMG request seems to have gone rogue; you might consider just starting over and doing it all online. Rebook your Hilton.com reservation, make sure your Booking.com reservation is EXACTLY the same, book through almost to the end, screenshot it, and file the online form. They'll deny, then you reply with the screenshot.