FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premier Rewards Gold refresh: 4x USA dining, groceries, $10/mon dining credit. $250.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 8:18 pm
lsquare
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by ericnau
Wanted to add my voice to the chorus of very unhappy customers.

On my last two statements, 23 of my restaurant purchases (about 1/3 of my transactions in the restaurants category) didn't receive 4x credit despite being correctly coded as restaurants.

Is there consensus yet as to whether Square purchases are eligible to receive credit? What about Toast? (And why wouldn't these be the same?)

And Cafés/Coffee Shops seem to be in a gray area too. Most of my coffee shops I frequent use square, so it's hard for me to tell if they would get the 4x bonus otherwise. But I DO know that Starbucks, Blue Bottle, and Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf (all national coffee shop chains) received 4x on my statements. So I don't see how Amex could claim that coffee shops are ineligible. There's no way that Starbucks is coded incorrectly, and it's definitely receiving 4x, so by basic rationale all coffee shops should quality (excluding other circumstances, like Square).

I can't help but feel Amex is arbitrarily applying their policies to their benefit at our expense.
Starbucks inside Barnes and Noble is code as B&N so no 4x.