FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premier Rewards Gold refresh: 4x USA dining, groceries, $10/mon dining credit. $250.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 4:52 pm
bgriff

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by lax01
Unfortunately, I wouldn't expect much...I did not have good results when using the online chat with MR issues

I am seeing multiple Toast transactions reporting 1x in my recent activity...which should be 400-500 MR - gonna be another fun call to AMEX
I actually had a pretty good experience reaching out via chat. I pointed out a handful of restaurant charges that didn't get 4x and a few days later received a call from Amex where the rep went through the charges I had flagged (without me needing to re-explain or anything) and said he had added the missing points for each one. So, would have been nicer not to have to do it, but worth the small hassle of submitting the issue via chat if it will work like that again, and if it hopefully pushes Amex to come up with a better / more permanent fix.

That said, to avoid having to worry about it, I have also been consciously using my CSR at Square establishments so as not to have to deal with it, which will mean I will have fewer issues to report, which will mean Amex will get fewer data points that there is anything wrong ... a vicious cycle.