FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Marriott Premier PLUS - post your upgrade offers
Old Nov 5, 2018, 5:31 pm
naumank

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by notquiteaff

I will call them tomorrow to see if I am eligible. My anniversary night recently posted (Sept) and I have an active reservation with it, so even if the anniversary date were to move by a few months, that wouldn’t be a big deal. Not sure yet that I am going to keep this card in the long term anyway.
I just called the customer service and she told me that the 50K offer was available to my account. I would be getting a new card in 3-5 business days. The account # will stay the same and exp date will change. They will refund my $85 annual fee (this month is my anniversary month) and charge me $95. I waited until now to upgrade because I wanted to make sure I get the 15 elite nights this year. The downside is that I will wait for another year to get a 35K cert because I just received my 25K cert a few days ago. Overall, this is a great offer because of the 50K bonus points. The benefits of the PLUS card are identical to those of the AMEX SPG card which I have. I will decide whether to keep the Chase card next year. Someone was saying that the 35K cert easily outweighs the annual fee. Perhaps I will keep both cards.