FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice on Aman style alternative in the Caribbean
Old Oct 3, 2018, 5:49 pm
moebod

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
I go through this all the time. I value space and privacy. Private pool and a nice beach are also a plus. In addition convenient travel, especially for 2-3 days. The JetBlue. On stop to POP is nice but like you’ve said, they are closed. I’ve been to Amanyara and while it’s not great there aren’t any many great options. Parrot CAy beach villa is actually next on my list for Turks... but with the transfers and lack of a non stop flight for me; I wouldn’t want to go for less than five nights. any thoughts about Anguilla? Beaches there are great. FS doesn’t really appeal to me (what’s with the tiny plunge pools) though. I looked and looked and just couldn’t find anything appealing... the beaches in Mexico just seem kind of blah... especially compared to the bexhes in Turks... so our next trip instead of the CArribean is to Twin Farms....

fdw
Yes, someone here gets me

Anguilla is great Im sure, but no direct flights is the issue here.

By the way, Ive been to to Parrot Cay back to back when I was last in Turks (it was 5 years ago now). Definitely stunning beaches and the way to go if you like traditional looks. I just hated that it was old looking and so not my taste of design. I understand some are redone or are newer now, but Im scared to go back there lol. I think Amanyara overall was better for me. And its one flight, not sure why you say otherwise. Just an extra 25 minute boat ride to their island, no big deal. Ugh decisions. I dont know what to do.