FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Element by Westin Bali, Ubud [Master Thread]
Old Sep 12, 2018, 10:58 am
jedicat666

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Bravada04
So to confirm that breakfast is a PLAT benefit here? I just read a few other Platinum reviews on Tripadvisor and such and they said they never received breakfast? Is it because they didn't choose it or it simply was not offered. The MAR breakfast benefits are so hard to understand it isn't even funny!

In saying that I am really trying to decipher what hotels in Bali offer the free breakfast for Plats? What about the Sthala and Courtyard? I know that the Westin and Laguna do for sure but everything else is so, so confusing. It is not even fun anymore trying to book your vacation. It was so easy before. MAR is no doubt losing customers.
Hilton just published there benefit grids (without a doubt a shot to Marriott) and they are so simple to understand. So simple.
Just checked in today. I can confirm that :
- No breakfast for platinum amenity choice, (chose points instead)
- No breakfast for platinum for loyalty (gave reason - due to merger)
- You get 20% off for plat benefit lunch and dinner. 0% for breakfast at 150k++ pp. #facepalm
Called Marriott and was told they are correct no breakfast benefit for plat (i guess the mariott breakfast cheatsheet @ flyertalk is wrong)

- No room service for breakfast. pretty much forced to pay for breakfast @ buffet restaurant full price.
- Staff lies regarding suite upgrade quoting reason no suites avail when there are bookable, classic. (even though they reserve the right not to upgrade due to element brand, i respect that but being lied to is different)
- Room smells horrible
- Rooms and facilities are substandard, as this was a good deal points stay will take the bullet, will avoid in future.

meow.