Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Element by Westin Bali, Ubud [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Element by Westin Bali, Ubud [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2018, 7:00 pm

Programs: SPG 100 Ambassador, LH M&M Senator, Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by Vince Chan
I understand, but seminyak ,Ubud and nusa dua are all important location to visit or for a staycation in Bali, it's just difficult to give up staying any one of them.

For Ubud, between elements and Sthala a tribute portfolio hotel, which one is better overall?Anyone?
Seminyak has very similar feel to Nusa Dua, I'd cut one of them and split the whole stay between beach and Ubud to get to experience both sides of the island. Otherwise you will feel that it's too rushed.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 1:56 am
formerly leemaj

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium and LTP, Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold, SW Companion Pass
Originally Posted by porkie
Seminyak has very similar feel to Nusa Dua, I'd cut one of them and split the whole stay between beach and Ubud to get to experience both sides of the island. Otherwise you will feel that it's too rushed.
I would pick Seminyak over Nusa Dua
Old Sep 29, 2018, 7:44 am

Programs: SPG 100 Ambassador, LH M&M Senator, Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by leemaj
I would pick Seminyak over Nusa Dua
I think it'd mainly come down to the particular property he'd be staying at, Nusa Dua has some nice hotel like the StR or Ritz. I'd take 3 days just relaxing at the resort (there isn't much to do around Nusa Dua or Seminyak anyway, nothing unique that you couldn't find anywhere else) and then move on to Ubud to get to actually experience the island.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 7:48 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
Had a very nice stay here. Food is excellent, hardly ever had such nice meals in a hotel restaurant. Tried all their signature dishes.
Room service only until 10pm though...

Bed was so comfortable...
Great place to stay and chill.
music at pool during happy hour a bit loud though...
Old Oct 26, 2019, 8:35 pm

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
any recent stays here.
any plat upgrades to suites now?
also see that the plat benefit is now 500 pts only.
Old Feb 16, 2023, 5:44 am

Had a 2 night stay here as we go hotel hopping in Bali. Initially was going to stay at the Alila Ubud but decided it was too far from Ubud central. Settled for this Element that looked relatively nice and close to the center.

Arrived from Sanur. The resort is a little set back from the main road which is nice. Open lobby. Welcomed as a titanium member and was told it was not a brand standard to upgrade but was offered a pool access room. Selected bonus points as titanium member. Breakfast was for all guests.

the lobby is on the 5th floor and the rest of the property slopes down (also rooms on the 6th and 7th, there is no 4th floor) and 2nd floor was the pool floor. Got a nice room with two doubles (two twins per the category but the beds are doubles and can be good for 2 adults and 2 kids). Standard looking room with shower only. Walkout patio directly to the pool deck was convenient for the kids.

the pool is split into three parts. A shallow pool for the toddlers, a connected main pool that is semi long enough for laps. The main pool waterfalls into a smaller pool on a lower level between the main pool and the spa/fitness center. There is a pool bar with fast food and beverage service.

the fitness center is small next to the spa with limited machines and some free weights. The spa prices were hotel prices.

main restaurant is on the 3rd floor serving breakfast and all other meals including room service. Breakfast had a wide variety of dishes, both western and local, egg station, and lots of bakery and fruits. A great breakfast considering it’s included for everyone staying.

the location of the hotel is nice. Maybe a 20-25 minute walk to Ubud central. You can also take the hotel shuttle to central and the monkey forest (schedule is every 2 hours starting at 9am to 7pm). We missed a shuttle to central but the driver was kind enough to take our group anyways (we tipped him well). Pickup is only from monkey forest because of the taxi stronghold in central area. Taxi back to element ended up to be 60k-70k (with prices initially requested at 100k). Ubud has lots of good cafes and massage places. There are bikes for rentals but Ubud roads are not exactly good for bikes…

overall a great property at an excellent price point of around $85 including tax and breakfast.
Alawyer, yscleo, michio and 3 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.