FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 787 J IFE Screen not functioning properly
Old Sep 5, 2018, 8:29 am
celtic_warrior

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Originally Posted by makrom
I remember a 9h flight in an A350 with an IFE screen that randomly triggered clicks every few seconds, constantly causing the play bar to pop up (and navigating the menu was obviously hell). They tried "degreasing" the screen and restarting the system, but was in vain.
Or those A380 F seat control touch screens are very prone to malfunction. I had several flights where every odd click was registered at a completely different place than where i pressed. FAs always try to clean the screens, never fixed it so far.

What annoys me isn't that the FAs can't fix these problems, but that apparently they don't file a report so that engineering can fix it at the next best opportunity. Whenever I detect such defects, I report them during check out, stressing that it wasn't an issue and just want to bring it to their attention. It always seems to be very appreciated and whenever I had the chance to later on actually visit the same room, these problems were actually rectified. But QR just seems to have a "If you fail once, just ignore it"-paradigm.
The A380 F screen is way too complicated IMO.