FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Element by Westin Bali, Ubud [Master Thread]
Old Jul 2, 2018, 1:53 am
Alex_I

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by lingua101
So the "real" benefit is a welcome gifts that you can choose either welcome gift, points, or breakfast. and late checkout

Of course they will say you get wifi for free, gym access, bla bla bla which to me is just a standard rather than real benefit

What I am trying to say, regardless if the suite is ready or not, the hotel has no obligation to give you the upgrade to suite, it is up to the hotel discretion as the room upgrade benefit is not offered at Aloft and Element.

This is why I am not reconsidering my stay at Element Ubud. I will probably opt to try Renaissance Uluwatu instead.
You are 100% correct about standard SPG PLT benefits. But this is South East Asia after all. When we were staying in May @ Element Ubud the manager on duty was saying that she would be upgrading PLT to suites if we decide to come next year. None of the suites were ready this past May. Of course, whether PLT upgrades would happen or not is another story...
Just before heading to Ubud I was staying again in Hilton Garden Inn Denpasar for 1 nights. HGI has the same official policy - no upgrades for Diamonds. However, the second year in a row I was upgraded to 1 bedroom suite without asking the front desk.