FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Awasi Patagonia, Chile
View Single Post
Old Jun 19, 2018, 4:19 pm
ridefar

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by DSI
Another bad review on TA for Awasi Patagonia. I bet it will get magically removed as they always seem to. Management at this company is shady and dishonest. It's not a luxury property despite some good reviews. I know some other well traveled forum members are well aware of some of their tactics....

The hot tubs are almost always dirty. The location is not good and the only fun aspect of the 1 hour drive is the opportunity to drive through the river yourself, that's fun.

The best part of the experience is the hiking by far and the privacy is far overrated by having individual rooms. Really there's no point to travel this far unless you really like hiking, and I'm not even sure why a guide is even necessary for hiking unless there may be some health issues. It's not like a safari or even a place teeming with wildlife, like Ecuador or an African safari where a private guide really helps. Dinner service is all right and breakfast is weak, but I suspect that ppl fawn a bit over this property to justify the sheer difficulty of getting there.
Let me see if I can paraphrase this for you DSI: "I don't like it, so it isn't luxury."

How solipsistic.

I know people who are horrified by the prospect of lying on a beach for a week. They would hate Amanpulo. So I guess Amanpulo isn't luxury now either.