Wiki Posts
Search

Awasi Patagonia, Chile

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2021, 8:18 pm

Programs: Alaska MileagePlan, Delta SkyMiles
Awasi vs Tierra

Originally Posted by bluebubble
Has anyone been to both Tierra and Awasi. Currently deciding between those two..
so looks like Tierra has better spa + location + design, while awasi has better room + private guide/car. (and slightly more expensive).
I know this is an old thread, but I managed to come across it and will provide this input for anyone else in the above dilemma. I really really struggled with the Awasi vs Tierra decision. I ended up going with Awasi, but asked my driver one day if she wouldn't mind taking us to Tierra. I really appreciate the architecture and at least wanted to see it.

I am very, very glad I went with Awasi. Tierra is nowhere near the same scale for service, nothing is personalized. The spa is absolutely tiny and unimpressive compared to the pictures seen online, but that is a subjective opinion.

I'm a bit surprised at the feedback from others on Awasi. I think its the best hotel I've ever been to in the world. I think part of it is that you need to go because you enjoy hiking and outdoorsy fun... if you book it on a trip to cover 100 top luxury hotels, well, you'd probably feel a bit out of place considering the purpose of this property.
SanDiego1K and FlyerEC like this.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 3:20 pm

After going to an Explora product on Easter Island, I don’t really like the aspect of sharing the guides with a group.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 11:01 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by braceya
I know this is an old thread, but I managed to come across it and will provide this input for anyone else in the above dilemma. I really really struggled with the Awasi vs Tierra decision. I ended up going with Awasi, but asked my driver one day if she wouldn't mind taking us to Tierra. I really appreciate the architecture and at least wanted to see it.

I am very, very glad I went with Awasi. Tierra is nowhere near the same scale for service, nothing is personalized. The spa is absolutely tiny and unimpressive compared to the pictures seen online, but that is a subjective opinion.

I'm a bit surprised at the feedback from others on Awasi. I think its the best hotel I've ever been to in the world. I think part of it is that you need to go because you enjoy hiking and outdoorsy fun... if you book it on a trip to cover 100 top luxury hotels, well, you'd probably feel a bit out of place considering the purpose of this property.
We loved our stay at Awasi Atacama. We chose it as private guided tours are included. We like the luxury of going at our selected time, staying for as long as we like somewhere and then leaving when we want. I don't think that private guided tours are included at Tierra.
LinLant likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.