FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No more double dip on Southwest personal credit card signup bonuses
Old Apr 11, 2018, 1:55 am
Critterlynn

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass
Originally Posted by nsx
I believe the 2 personal card deal would still be alive if the credit card pimps had not flogged it like a rented mule for the past several years, to mix metaphors. They made their money for a while and we permanently lost our one remaining reasonable path to CP.
It probably would be but there were too many as you would say "flogging it like a rented mule." It's kind of like they knew good things were not going to last forever. Can't really blame them. These offers go viral. There is only so much market share to go around and it's up to each of the CC pimps to make shure they get their piece of the pie. In this day and age it's not too hard to reach out to them through the internet and various blogs. And since most people have easy access, you probably have people filling out applications while sitting on the John. But I will admit to having mixed feelings about it. Without all I have learned through these various blogs I would not have been able to take some very inexpensive trips.