Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

No more double dip on Southwest personal credit card signup bonuses

No more double dip on Southwest personal credit card signup bonuses

Old Apr 21, 2018, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by ghostwolf
My CP will expire at the end of this year (2018). I still have both personal cards open. If I received the bonus/qualified for CP in March 2017...could I cancel the chase cards in December 2018 and reapply for both in March of 2019? How do people keep the CP going continuously?
Switch to the OTHER person getting the cards and companion pass.

Last edited by NoStressHere; May 3, 2018 at 2:50 pm
Old May 3, 2018, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512
So you got a 40K card/$1K spend ? Was it via a referral ?

My wife was approved for a 50k/$2k this afternoon without the new language

Data Point, my wife's Sw card that she opened April 5 closed yesterday. The 50K points are showing on here statement so it looks like people who applied using an old link without the new language should be ok
Old May 19, 2018, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by Phanto
CONFIRMED! I have until July 29th to meet the min spend! WhooHooo!!

I hope this works out for others as well!
From my Chase account:

New cardmember bonus 40,000
- Total Rapid Rewards transf. to Southwest 41,048

WhooWHOO!! Bonus and CP on the way!!!

I got the min spend handled in like a week and half, always helps when you have a big trip coming up!

Awesome!!!! I hope others have the same outcome!

-Phanto
Old May 19, 2018, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by ghostwolf
My CP will expire at the end of this year (2018). I still have both personal cards open. If I received the bonus/qualified for CP in March 2017...could I cancel the chase cards in December 2018 and reapply for both in March of 2019? How do people keep the CP going continuously?
You can't get bonuses on 2 personal cards anymore. You can only get 2 bonuses with 1 personal card and 1 business card. Not quite as easy anymore

Good luck!

-Phanto

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.