Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

No more double dip on Southwest personal credit card signup bonuses

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2018, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass

Bad news for earning the companion pass:

https://thepointsguy.com/news/new-re...-credit-cards/
TortillaChip likes this.

Last edited by Critterlynn; Apr 5, 2018 at 3:17 pm
Old Apr 5, 2018, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by Critterlynn

Still doable via a business and Personal card but how long will that loophole last

New language and the bonus has also dropped to 40K

40,000 Bonus Points
The product is not available to either (i) current Cardmembers of any Southwest Rapids Rewards® Credit Card, or (ii) previous Cardmembers of any Southwest Rapid Rewards Credit Card who received a new Cardmember bonus within the last 24 months. This does not apply to Cardmembers of the Southwest Rapid Rewards Business Card and Employee Credit Card products.

Last edited by flyer4512; Apr 5, 2018 at 4:04 pm
Old Apr 5, 2018, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass
Originally Posted by flyer4512
Still doable via a business and Personal card but how long will that loophole last

40,000 Bonus Points
The product is not available to either (i) current Cardmembers of any Southwest Rapids Rewards® Credit Card, or (ii) previous Cardmembers of any Southwest Rapid Rewards Credit Card who received a new Cardmember bonus within the last 24 months. This does not apply to Cardmembers of the Southwest Rapid Rewards Business Card and Employee Credit Card products.
Yeah I kind of figured that was getting ready to happen. About 3 days ago my referral offers dropped to 40,000.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 5:51 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
I believe the 2 personal card deal would still be alive if the credit card pimps had not flogged it like a rented mule for the past several years, to mix metaphors. They made their money for a while and we permanently lost our one remaining reasonable path to CP.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 6:09 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards

40,000 Bonus Points
It still says 50k on Southwest's home page.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by Cledaybuck
It still says 50k on Southwest's home page.

That was from the 50K plus link listed in the WIKI of the credit card thread. It now defaults to 40K with the new language. My guess is that all the SW personal cards will be updated shortly.

https://creditcards.chase.com/travel...thwest-premier
Old Apr 5, 2018, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by nsx
I believe the 2 personal card deal would still be alive if the credit card pimps had not flogged it like a rented mule for the past several years, to mix metaphors. They made their money for a while and we permanently lost our one remaining reasonable path to CP.
They are still making one last run as there are some links that have not yet been updated
Old Apr 5, 2018, 9:03 pm

If you already have one and try to get the other (TODAY!) do you think you'll just denied or do you think you'll get the card but no bonus? Tough to say reading the policy.

And this bites!

-Phanto

Last edited by Phanto; Apr 5, 2018 at 9:04 pm Reason: Edit
Old Apr 5, 2018, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by Phanto
If you already have one and try to get the other (TODAY!) do you think you'll just denied or do you think you'll get the card but no bonus? Tough to say reading the policy.

And this bites!

-Phanto
In the past Chase has not approved cards and denied the bonus
Old Apr 5, 2018, 9:19 pm

In the past Chase has not approved cards and denied the bonus
Hmmmmmm...Interesting.. Well, I was approved so maybe I have a chance! Guess I'll find out after the $1k spend!
Old Apr 5, 2018, 9:23 pm

Hmmmmmm...Interesting.. Well, I was approved so maybe I have a chance! Guess I'll find out after the $1k spend!

So you got a 40K card/$1K spend ? Was it via a referral ?

My wife was approved for a 50k/$2k this afternoon without the new language
Old Apr 5, 2018, 9:30 pm

So you got a 40K card/$1K spend ? Was it via a referral ?

My wife was approved for a 50k/$2k this afternoon without the new language

Yeah, it was a referral and I went back to it and saw the new language so maybe that's when things changed. I'm hoping they just flat out deny the card if you're not eligible, but probably not going to go my way..
Old Apr 5, 2018, 9:33 pm

Yeah, it was a referral and I went back to it and saw the new language so maybe that's when things changed. I'm hoping they just flat out deny the card if you're not eligible, but probably not going to go my way..
The card should be in your online account now.............send Chase a SM and ask by what date you have to spend the $1000 to get the bonus points and see what they say.

This is a new scenario so who knows if they will approve people and deny bonuses

In the past they denied cards for violating 5/24 or applying before 24 months had passed since your last bonus.

The bloggers are reporting the applications without the new language SHOULD work but nobody will know for sure for at least a few weeks

Last edited by flyer4512; Apr 5, 2018 at 9:47 pm
Old Apr 5, 2018, 9:43 pm

The card should be in your online account now.............send Chase a SM and ask by what date you have to spend the $1000 to get the bonus points and see what they say.

This is a new scenario so who knows if they will approve people and deny bonuses

In the past they denied cards for violating 5/24 or applying before 24 months had passes since your last bonus.

The bloggers are reporting the applications without the new language SHOULD work but nobody will know for sure for at least a few weeks
Ahhh yeah! Good point! I'll shoot them a message now since the fog of war is still in effect!
Old Apr 5, 2018, 9:46 pm

Ahhh yeah! Good point! I'll shoot them a message now since the fog of war is still in effect!

Good luck , if they say you are eligible I would make that spend ASAP

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.