FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to guard against delays and cancellations
Old Feb 9, 2018, 11:22 pm
knav2013

How to guard against delays and cancellations

Looking to book a Vietjet flight (scheduled to) leave SGN at 09:30 and (scheduled to) arrive in KUL at 12:30.

I'm planning to return to SGN on the same day on Vietnam Airlines flight leaving KUL at 20:50.

I've heard Vietjet air (alongwith JetStar Pacific) doesn't have the best track record when it comes to delays and cancellations. How can I guard against not missing the Vietnam Airlines flight back to SGN.

Some have suggested booking using a credit card that covers flight delays and cancellations. Unfortunately, the cards I hold don't cover this kind of claim.

Would VietJet offer any compensation if I miss the return flight with Vietnam airways? (because the Vietjet flight was delayed heavily or cancelled) I checked with a travel insurer, they've said any claim must be made with the airline first, and we must have something in writing (e.g. from Vietjet) if we are to make a travel insurance claim for a missed connection.

Any experience claiming for compensation through Vietjet or through a travel insurer (for a Vietjet delayed/cancelled flight) ?