FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 777 D1 Suite PS + Comfort+ retrofit consolidated thread
Old Jan 29, 2018, 11:47 pm
xliioper
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by drowelf
I know about those, but ATL is more convenient, and cheaper, for us as we are in the Carolina's. I've seen lots of info from the industry folks that PS will come to the B777 Fleet in 2018, but would like to have some idea of the schedule. Don't really want to take a crap shoot to pay for PS and really just get C+ on an international flight. The DW needs to the foot/leg rest for TATL flights and unfortunately J Class is not in the budget for this.
Connecting from Carolinas to AMS via DTW is a shorter distance than via ATL. ATL has obviously has more flights to the Carolinas than DTW, but unless you are talking some other airport than RDU/CLT, DTW has enough daily flights for reasonable connect times. I see no fare differences when connecting between DTW and ATL other than when you are comparing C+ with PS where it should be obvious why DL charges a fare premium for P/A/G PS fares over W C+ fares (it looks to be about $80 each way). Note those P/A/G premium select fares also get you F on the domestic segment. I'd be pretty confident that the DL132/133 schedules are fixed now with the A350 as DL has been marketing this flight pretty heavily in connection listings. If they were to switch aircraft to a non-PS aircraft (which I would consider unlikely), you would be eligible for refund or downgrade compensation since they are different cabins.