FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chances of Upgrade Clearing and Availability (2018 master thread)
Old Jan 28, 2018, 10:16 pm
Antarius
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SVRIRED
So whats the consensus where with folks that have had their intl swus waitlisted...It looks like a empty flight so far for travel in about 6 months....albeit 0 C U inventory available in Business...So wanted to to figure out when and how and if AA might release inventory in since i need C to get released...If U gets opened does my waitlist automatically pick that up or do i need to call and confirm.....and since it is 6 month out Also I know upg swu are prioritized over miles/copy and within the different elite status tiers....but does Premium economy fare code better over Y Economy code...In other words do I give my self better chances booking as premeco or saving a few hundred and booking in why since it will be upto elite status anyway

Thanks
for any suggestions
SWUs are not prioritized above miles + copay. Both come out of the C bucket and if C0 you will all be waitlisted. When waitlisting for SWU or Miles + Copay all that matters is status and rolling EQD.

CK > EXP > PPRO > PLT > GLD > No Status. Within each status, you are prioritized based on rolling EQD spend. U inventory has nothing to do with upgrades.Neither does Economy or Premium Economy.