FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 777 D1 Suite PS + Comfort+ retrofit consolidated thread
Old Dec 5, 2017, 8:04 pm
ijgordon
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
There was not agreement on which of these two sub-par options were better. Many people found the angled lay flat seats to be awkward and make people feel like they were sliding down, even though you could lat out flat. I personally found DL's BE recliners to be very comfortable for everything except sleeping. I actually found them more comfortable for watching movies and reclining than any of their current products, particularly because the seat padding was much more substantial. All of the current products are rock hard.
I never flew NW's angled flat seats, but had been on plenty of others. I vastly preferred them to any standard recliner I'd been on. Primarily for sleeping, yes, as I could lie on my side or even stomach on the angled flats, but many of them had comfortable cradle positions for daytime relaxing as well (AA's in particular were very customize-able). Perhaps NW's seats didn't. I had been on a few iterations of DL's recliners, but only on 767s; they were particularly narrow I remember.