FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - True 5 star luxury Autograph Collection properties
Old Aug 13, 2017, 11:08 pm
bhrubin
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Can you point to consensus criteria for a 5-star luxury property? If not, this is just another subjective properties I like thread, with an extra dollop of pretension.
There was a discussion going on in the Luxury Forum about what brands within Marriott/Starwood hotels may be luxury...and some details about specific properties.

Autograph Collection isn't in the Marriott luxury brands group (unlike Luxury Collection, Ritz Carlton, St Regis, Bulgari, W, Edition, JW); it's in the Premier brands group. But there was an acknowledgement that there still are some proper luxury properties in Autograph. The Boscolo properties in Europe were the first mentions, actually.

The criteria are subjective, of course. I suppose it's one of those things that you know it when you see it. Boscolo properties aren't in the Marriott luxury brands portfolio, yet I think most would consider them 5 star level luxury properties--even in the tough luxury markets in which they are located. Hopefully, that makes sense. This has nothing to do with whether I like them or not. This has all to do with whether they would be considered luxury hotels by most.

I thought I'd come straight to the source here in the Marriott forum to see what other Autograph properties people can suggest that might be considered proper luxury akin to the other Marriott luxury brands--since people here would know Autograph properties the best. We are looking for luxury properties, not just very good properties.

That's it. No pretension intended. But I can't be responsible if someone might get defensive! I'm simply looking for suggestions to properties in the Autograph that may be the exception.

Here is the link to the Luxury Forum thread to which I'm referring:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...-starwood.html

Thanks for any suggestions again. If there aren't any, then we're no worse off than we were before I tried this possibility. I just thought I'd try to check here to make sure we weren't missing any other luxury examples in Autograph.

Last edited by bhrubin; Aug 13, 2017 at 11:16 pm