FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MP Earnings when doing bid / cash upgrades with *A partners [Consolidated]
Old Feb 14, 2017, 12:13 pm
WineCountryUA
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by GoPUBoilers
Just as an update, the segment has indeed not posted and UA is claiming that it is not eligible for credit. This has to do with the fact that the upgraded flight changed from A class to R class which shows as not eligible on UA's website. I know this because my return flight in A posted as expected.

As I believe the mileage should post according to the originally booked fare class, does anyone have any advice on how I can proceed? I have emailed 2 different agents at this point and have gotten nowhere.

Thank you!
As mentioned earlier, this is starting to happen with multiple airlines as more make use of award fare classes for some upgrades. Below is the advice that has worked for some with this problem on LH and using UA GPUs
Originally Posted by eyal
Yes, the magic words you need to know are System Issue Form.

Ask the agent to submit a System Issue Form (SIF) together with the mileage request, explaining that you flew in I class, but you paid for a mileage-earning booking class. Note that it takes 6-8 weeks to process an upgraded LH segment after the SIF is submitted.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 14, 2017 at 9:41 pm Reason: missing letter