FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Which 777-200ER / "772"? J, MCE, PEY, 45J to 37J
Old Jan 1, 2017, 6:12 pm
socalterp

Programs: AA 1MM/Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mcgahat
Yes, I am on the plane now and it is definitely forward facing even though it shows rear facing seats on the seat map. I like the setup with the exception of two things. First, the tray table even when pulled all the way forward is too high to work from comfortably. Second, it doesnt appear that you can move the seat forward independently without reclining the seat back or raising the leg rest. I like to sit mostly upright and use the stationary foot rest but cant find any way of getting it to that position. The seat is very comfortable from a cushion perspective though so when I get ready to take a nap I am sure it will be great. Internet is $19 by Panasonic and it kind of sucks, basic browsing only.
We flew DFW-NRT on 61 on 12/18, and it was a refurb cabin that was definitely all forward facing. Hard product is great. Terrific AVOD system with the huge screen and really good picture quality, and tons of selection. Overall, liked the seats themselves a lot.

Also did find that it was hard to reach the footrest without reclining. There was no fwd/back adjustment like there is on the CX seat, for example. And because the screen is stationary and does't flip out like the CX version, it creates a fully enclosed cubby for your feet when in bed position.

Even though our flight came about because of a missed connection to JL11 the prior day, had a really good overall experience. Meals were decent, very good crew and a great hard product.