FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dropping a night in an existing reservation changes rate?
Old Jul 12, 2016, 7:42 pm
Jon Maiman

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Originally Posted by lililolo
I guess you are right, the last night is priced at $179, cheaper than what I booked.

As a matter of fact, I booked the 3rd night again separately to take advantage of the lower rate, that is why I tried to drop the last night of my initial booking. That's happened before with the same hotel and I encountered no problem then.

I did try to modify my initial booking online without success, since the system just repriced the reservation to the higher rate.

Well, I will keep an eye on the rate but I doubt the rate will ever come down for the first 2 nights, since it is a convention week. If nothing favorable comes up, I just cancel the cheaper 3rd night, sigh...

Thanks for all the feedbacks,
<OnSoapBox> With the additional information you just provided, this is a totally different scenario. I wouldn't expect the hotel to adjust the rates for you at check-in.
While it is fine to continue to look for better deals after making a reservation (I frequently do), it isn't fine to try to get the best of both worlds (e.g keep the lower blended rate for the first two notes and ask for the bargain basement rate for the last night as well at check-in). I have only done this went trying to shorten (or less frequently extend) the length of my stay. My two cents... <OffSoapBox>

--Jon