FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Entire EM&PR forum has become... [split off from BAreas Fall]
Old Jul 10, 2016, 1:23 pm
Adam1222

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by scubadu
All kidding aside, what has FT come to? Seriously.

I mean almost the entire "External Miles and Points Resources" forum has become some bizarre "high school never ends" whiny playground where everyone seems to come complain and constantly insult Boarding Area and it's bloggers without taking even an iota of personal responsibility, to you know, NOT READ IT every 20 minutes if the site isn't to ones liking.

It's just bizarre to me that so many on FT are completely comfortable throwing rocks at external sites and forums, but never seem to want to look in the mirror regarding what our own little world has become... @:-)

Regards
As a reminder, whining about other people "whining", or commenting about something you arent forced to read that "you don't have to read it if you don't like it", are equally destructive.

As discussed in other threads, criticism or any valid discussion of a topic involves the good and the bad. If you think there's nothing meriting comment on these blogs, good for you-- then there's no reason for you to comment. When you go to a booK group, do you prohibit people from discussing the weaknesses and problems they had with the book?

Many blogs operate with (1) incomplete disclosure, (2) misleading advice, and (3) an impact for some reason on the practices of frequent flyer programs. Many people have learned of the conflicts of interest, shady practices, or just misleading advice from reading the commentary on Flyertalk.

There are threads for praise of blogs, e.g., http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/exter...l-content.html

If you disagree with a criticism, explain why. Don't insult people for having criticism.

Your reference to a mirror is nonsensical. People argue with other FTers and insult them all the time. And last I checked, no one's FT posts were a profit generating business.

Saying "regards" doesn't make a post polite.

Last edited by Adam1222; Jul 10, 2016 at 4:23 pm