FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Sand Key Resort, Tampa (Clearwater Beach) [Master Thread]
Old Apr 27, 2016, 8:04 am
jordandawg05

Originally Posted by captain_starwood
When: Two nights on points, President's weekend. 2016

Who: me and my wife.

Why: mini-honeymoon. Cancelled our trip to Punta Cana because of Zika.

The hotel itself: old, well maintained. Enormous beach. 2-3 restaurant options in hotel, a few places in immediate walking distance. Small pool for a resort, with a nice hot-tub and firepit. Volleyball and tennis courts.

The Service: Fantastic. The best Sheraton service in the U.S. that I have encountered, and on par with a number of international properties. Every request and issue was addressed immediately. The GM here is doing something right.

The location: when the sun is out, Clearwater is nice. Sunset dolphin tour on little toot was excellent. Backwaters is a great place for lunch or dinner. We were less impressed with Columbia, but we may have ordered wrong.

Check-in: fast and efficient.

Status recognition: not bad. As a platinum, they gave us a decent preferred room with a limited balcony view of the gulf, access to the club lounge, turndown service, free wifi, etc, etc.

Other thoughts: a car is very useful, but not actually necessary. We ubered to hotel from TPA and the took uber, taxis, and the trolley to get around.

This seems like an ideal hotel for young families with 1-3 kids.
thank you for your review.
i am looking to book this hotel for the 2nd week in July for 7 nights. It'll be our anniversary with a 6 month baby. it seems the hotel is family friendly from what i am reading. we are not renting a car etiher, so it seems your review will match our plan to take uber, taxi and the trolley.

i am working on getting my wife teh spg card so i am hoping to get 3 nights out of that and i have one night on my account and pay the rest in cash. we have gold status so i am hoping to get the club lounge ( is that automatic if you have spg business card?)

i am little disappointing the pool is small and its a trek to the beach, but it seems this hotel is good for families and has good service.